Yesterday, the Governor of Florida announced designated visitors will be allowed to visit their loved ones in Long-Term Care communities.
Ensuring residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our greatest concern. Currently, we have been COVID-free since July 4, 2020. As Homestead Village of Pensacola transitions into visitation, our goal is to avoid overwhelming our residents and staff in each cottage with numerous visits occurring from multiple families at the same time. Based on the Governor’s order and our community resources, the following is provided regarding visitation:
- Maximum of five (5) designated visitors by Resident or POA
- Community (Residents and Staff) must be COVID-free for 14 days
- All visitors must immediately inform the facility if they develop a fever or symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 within fourteen (14) days of a visit to the facility
- By appointment only. Please call Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm at 941-5000 to schedule
- Must be Screened at the Community Center and wear the Screening Sticker each visit
- Must return to Community Center after each visit to be signed out
- Wear a face mask (not provided) and sanitize hands/perform proper hand hygiene
- Sign a consent form noting understanding of community visitation and infection prevention and control policies
- Visits will occur in designated areas on cottage porches
- Maintain social distance of at least six (6) feet with staff and residents
- Limited to two (2) visitors at a time
- 30 minute appointments
- Visitation: 8:30-5:30 p.m.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Failure to comply with any of the above will result in suspension of General Visitation of the designated visitor
Please check in with the health care professional stationed at our covered Community Center Drive-Through who will take your temperature, ask you to answer a brief questionnaire, and provide you with hand washing/sanitizing, infection prevention and control, and Coronavirus education. On a good note, visitors will not even have to exit their vehicles to have this screening. Please note that visitation to any of our cottages will require a “Screened Sticker” issued after the screening at the Community Center Drive-Through that must be worn during your visit. This health station will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., seven days a week. We would appreciate limiting your arrival at Homestead to that time window and entrance. We also request that no pets visit.
Our community is following the recommendations of the CDC on prevention steps, including following strict handwashing and disinfecting procedures. We also are staying up to date with the CDC recommendations as they are updated. In addition, Homestead Village of Pensacola is in close contact with the local and state health departments, as well as the Agency for Health Care Administration, and we are following their guidance.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (850) 941-5000.
David Acuff, CDP, CMDCP
Executive Director, Homestead Village of Pensacola