Community Senior Life is embarking on an ambitious hiring drive with plans to fill all open full-time and part-time positions across its six senior living communities. Positions include working with Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care senior residents.
“With COVID-19 redefining the way businesses operate and how citizens live their lives, it’s important that we acknowledge those that keep the nation steady amidst these dynamic changes, notably the heroic work of healthcare professionals,” says Nick Wilmott, Vice President of Operations of CSL. “We couldn’t be prouder of our Community Senior Life team for the role they play in keeping our senior residents safe.”
CSL has taken steps to protect the health and safety of its employees while at work, including but not limited to: increased cleaning, expanded search and acquisition of PPE, actively encouraging CDC recommendations for social distancing and personal hygiene, restricting visitor access, and where possible, limiting vendor access to CSL communities.
“At this unprecedented time, we are so grateful to our frontline employees – those with immediate contact with our residents, care staff, dietary staff, housekeeping staff – they are the backbone of Community Senior Life and we appreciate their heroic efforts,” noted Dr. Dan Scarbrough, Medical Director of CSL.
The primary objective for Community Senior Life employees is to preserve our residents’ dignity of life and to provide quality services to meet the physical, social, and mental needs of our seniors.
For those who have an interest in geriatric care, roles include:
- Activities Director: Creates daily activities to help keep seniors motivated, social, and active.
- Community Development Director: Establishes a relationship with new prospects in order tofacilitate a tour, apartment reservation, and successful move-in to the community.
- Cook: Organizes and executes delicious meals of consistent quality in a timely manner. Prepares and serves meals for regular and therapeutic diets.
- Dietary Services: Creates a comfortable dining atmosphere for residents, families, and guests. Greets, assists as needed, and serves meals and beverages to diners. Sets up and breaks down dining area.
- Housemaker: Duties include cleaning resident apartments and common community areas.
- Resident Care Supervisor (LPN): Provides care for residents. Supervises and assumes responsibility for assigned administration of medications, legal documentation, and correspondence with pharmacy or family members for medication refills. Responsible for advising and supervising Resident Care Staff, and CNAs.
- Receptionist/Concierge: Administrative duties include paperwork and bookkeeping as well as managing new resident and employee files and orientations. Assists the Administrator with daily business operations.
- Resident Care Assistants (RCA): Assists residents with ambulation, bathing, eating, grooming, and other activities of daily living. Exhibits patience and tact at all times when dealing with residents, their families and visitors.
- Security: Acts as the visual, physical, and responsive presence in the community and also provides a safe and secure environment for our residents and employees. Acts as the first response to all emergencies on campus.
We invite you to contact Community Senior Life for more information regarding open positions.