Dear Residents and Family Members,
On August 1st, two employees tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In response, per Community Senior Life protocols, the entire Assisted Living residency and all Homestead Village employees were tested on August 3rd. All results were received as of this morning and we can now confirm that out of 59 total tests, all employees were negative, but unfortunately 4 Assisted Living residents, and 1 Independent Living resident tested positive.The initial employees, who tested positive, have not worked since July 29th and are quarantined away from the community. Each will not return to work until they have fulfilled all the necessary federal and state quarantine requirements and received two negative test results for COVID-19. We are working with those residents who tested positive to get them the care and attention necessary for their individual need.
As of today, the following changes will occur:
- The Wellness Center will be closed until Monday August 10th for deep cleaning and sanitation. The Pool will remain open.
- All visitation of families and non-essential visitors to the Assisted Living will cease until further notice.
- Communal dining and group activities will also be discontinued. Residents who need assistance during meals will be allowed to eat in the dining room, socially distanced.
- Daily screening of temperature and symptoms will be increased from twice a day to four times a day.
- All Homestead Village employees and Assisted Living residents will be tested, again, in hopes of catching any further spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Assisted Living Residents are to remain quarantined in their room and wear masks or face coverings while entering or exiting the building, at least until the second batch of test results are received.
Our warmest thoughts are with these employees and residents and we hope for a full and speedy recovery. Community Senior Life continues to do everything we can to prevent the virus from spreading to any of our other employees or residents. We will continue to post updates as they arise via social media, our website, CommunitySeniorLife.org, and internal communications with our employees, residents, and family members.
Remember to practice good hygiene, social distance, and follow all state and federal recommended guidelines, especially wearing a facial covering when social distancing cannot be maintained.
Please feel free to call our corporate office at 251-981-0200 with any questions or concerns. You may also email questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.